Thursday, February 2, 2012

When You Reach Me

So, I gave up on Matched for now. It wasn't nearly as good as I was expecting it to be, so I was pretty dissapointed with it. Instead, I read 154 pages of When You Reach Me by Rebeccas Stead. This book was sitting in Mr. Hill's room and my friend had told me that it was a pretty good book, so I tried it for myself. Its about this 6th grade girl who lives in Manhattan and things start to unravel when her best friend gets punched on the way home from school. Little things start to happen, and she starts recieving notes from an ananymous person who knows more about her then they should. The notes tell her that if she does what they say, she can save her best friend. So the book is basically her life while she is getting these notes, and she is trying to figure out what she should do. The book has a little bit of suspense but in a playful way, and I am really enjoying it. I like that it is interesting and suspenesful, but it isn't too much. I will definitely recommend this book to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment