Thursday, February 23, 2012

Out of My Mind

My book for this week is called Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper. This book is extremely interesting because it written from the view of a special needs girl named Melody. In the story, everybody assumes that because on the outside she has disabilities, that she is dumber then most children and that she can't learn. However, Melody is actually extremely smart but she can't express it to anyone because she can't talk. It's kind of hard to explain I guess but it makes sense once you've read it.  Anyways, the book is about her journey to finding a way to speak the words she was never able to say before. I really like this book because it's different then most of the books i've read. It makes me think a little bit harder that looks don't show you what a person is like and there is so much more to people on the inside. I would recommend this book to people looking for a new perspective on life and for people with an open mind. Not to sound completely cheesy, but I would say that it's one of those books that is life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment