Monday, February 20, 2012

Short List




The Book Surgeon
 Brian Dettmer carves sculptures using knives, tweezers and surgical tools and manipulates the pages and spines to form his own unique sculpture. He folds, bends, rolls, and stacks multiple books to create them. I think this guy is unbelievably creative. It's just a really cool way to look at art and this is one of my favorites pieces by him because it is chaotic but clean and neat.







I really love the water. I think it's beautiful and relaxing and interesting and natural. Who wouldn't want to stare at something so beautiful? Who wouldn't want to be there? I know I do, but for now I guess i'll just have to daydream.






Stereograms are 3D images hidden within another picture that have the ability to turn your computer monitor into a 3D TV. If you look at this particular picture long enough, you will see dinosaurs hidden in it. Don't ask me how this works because I don't have a clue, but I have been obsessed with these pictures since I was a little kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment